Today is Tisha B'Av. It's an annual fast day in Judaism, on which a number of disasters in Jewish history occurred, primarily the destruction of both Solomon's Temple by the Neo-Babylonian Empire and the Second Temple by the Roman Empire in Jerusalem.
The 9th of Av, Tisha B'Av, commemorates a list of catastrophes so severe it's clearly a day set aside by God to bring us back to Him in repentance.
Here are a few historical events that took place on Tisha B'Av, the Jewish day of mourning:
1) The spies return on the eighth day of Av and report that the land is unconquerable. That night, the 9th of Av, the people cry. They insist that they'd rather go back to Egypt than be slaughtered by the Canaanites. The LORD is highly displeased by this public demonstration of distrust in His power, and consequently that generation of Israelites never enters the Holy Land. Only their children have that privilege, after wandering in the desert for another 38 years.
2) The First Temple was also destroyed on the 9th of Av (423 BCE). Five centuries later (in 69 CE), as the Romans drew closer to the Second Temple, ready to torch it, the Jews were shocked to realize that their Second Temple was destroyed the same day as the first.
3) When the Jews rebelled against Roman rule, they believed that their leader, Simon bar Kochba, would fulfill their messianic longings. But their hopes were cruelly dashed in 133 CE as the Jewish rebels were brutally butchered in the final battle at Betar. The date of the massacre? The 9th of Av.
4) In 1492, the Golden Age of Spain came to a close when Queen Isabella and her husband Ferdinand ordered that the Jews be banished from Spain. The edict of expulsion was signed on March 31, 1492, and the Jews were given exactly four months to put their affairs in order and leave the country.
The Hebrew date on which no Jew was allowed to remain any longer in Spain, where they had enjoyed welcome and prosperity? The 9th of Av.
5) World War II and the Holocaust, historians conclude, was actually the long drawn-out conclusion of World War I that began in 1914. And yes, amazingly enough, Germany declared war on Russia, effectively catapulting the First World War into motion, on the 9th of Av, Tisha b'Av.
And TODAY, we are at WAR against the infiltration of RADICAL ISLAMIC JIHAD financed by IRAN.
With the funds of the USA government to Judea and Samaria, ISLAMIC OCCUPATION called WEST BANK, they are equipped with the most sophisticated tanks and high precision missals.
We are calling a WATCHMEN EMERGENCY PRAYER FOR OUR SOLDIERS and people under attack of ONE ROCKET, every THREE MINUTES!!!
In short, Tisha B'Av is a time for reflection and mourning and therefore constitutes a time of corporate reflection INTENDED to lead ISRAEL to TESHUVAH (REPENTANCE)!
We need to pray please for the PROTECTION of our SOLDIERS and, with JUDGEMENT, MAY ISRAEL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS!
THIS IS OUR CALL TO PRAYER: May Israel realize that our VICTORY comes only from our REDEEMER, YESHUA ADONAI TZEVAOT! Isaiah 26:7-13 7 "The path of the righteous is level; You, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth. 8 Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for you; Your Name and renown are the desire of our hearts. 9 My soul yearns for You in the night; In the morning my spirit longs for You. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. 10 But when grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and do not regard the majesty of the Lord. 11 Lord, Your Hand is lifted high, but they do not see it. Let them see Your zeal for your people and be put to shame; Let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them. 12 Lord, You establish peace for us; All that we have accomplished You have done for us. 13 Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us, but Your Name alone do we honor." So, let's PRAY for the final reconciliation of ALL peoples to YESHUA!! Pray for the Arab nations, the scattered lost tribes of Israel, and the remnant, to be awakened at this time. The LORD will redeem the suffering, and use it to draw us unto Himself, through YESHUA HA'MASHIACH! Amen.
Make sure to SIGN UP to receive our NEWSLETTERS on our website:
Restore Israel & Nations, and receive the latest updates directly in your inbox!